Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing 15

I chose Second Life for this gaming Thing. The sign-up process was pretty straight-forward and easy to get going.

My avatar's name is Eon Michigan. Upon entering the virtual world, it takes a lot of exploring to figure out the basic skills for the avatar. The tutorials are a great idea...to learn and practice as you begin. I do not have much video game experience, so the learning curve is even steeper.
I found smooth movement was a challenge.

Second life looks like a very rich environment. In the intro I read that you can visit a variety of places in other regions, and even create new things. Maybe I have not gotten into the game far enough, but I question the role of the game in the library. It is fun and thought-provoking, but could certainly use of a lot of time.

No comments: