Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing 5

I really enjoyed some of the great Flickr tools. The Mapmaker from Big Huge Labs caught my eye, as our family is preparing for a Lake Superior circle drive in just a few days. I found the software to be clumsy and very one dimensional, with little flexibility in some areas.

I also discovered Yahoo's trip planner. It is much better but still has difficulties to overcome. One instance was when I added cities we would visit, we were not sure at that time which direction we would travel. I assumed I would be able to organize them after they had been entered. Wrong!! I had to delete some and move things around in order to get the cities in the counter-clockwise order. I also could not find a way to update the scheduled dates to stop at each city.

I experimented with some of the other tags that could be added to the route, but since we were camping along the way, the hotels and some other features were meaningless.
Here is the link. http://travel.yahoo.com/trip-view-1739981-lake_superior_circle_tour;_ylt=AmQW9eAfrPnv2n60drPELWJSfMgF

No comments: